Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mets TV

I saw this and thought it was worthy of posting. I've been behind for a couple days reading all the other blogs, so maybe someone else posted it too.

SNY will have a new series called "Mets Yearbook" that follows "Mets Hot Stove". "Mets Yearbook" has 27 half-hour season highlight films from 1962 to 1988 (mostly before my time, but it's always good to learn about Mets history before we're doomed to repeat it). I don't know what happened from 1989 through 2009. Pete Dougherty, Sports Media Columnist from the Albany Times Union (that's a newspaper) in his blog says "The films originally were produced as marketing tools shown at local schools, churches, scout groups, etc., and haven’t aired on TV, according to the network".


Leave a comment or drop me a line at DyHrdMET [at] gmail [dot] com.
Become a fan of RememberingShea on Facebook.
Become a Networked Blog