Going into the ceremony I had a thought. It would have been great if the backdrop for tonight's festivities had been Shea Stadium, but it dawned on me that it was really a different Shea, going from the 60s-looking ballpark to the blue version that we all said goodbye to last year.
Watching the show on SNY, a few thoughts.
- Have you ever seen more joy in Howie Rose than what we saw tonight while he's talking about the beloved 1969 team? I'm wondering if he's working from a script or just making it all up as he goes along.
- More Mets history tonight on the field than there is in the walls and halls of the ballpark.
- Nice touch with some 60s music in the background as the players and coaches are brought out
- I do like the way the players/coaches were brought out to the field from the ramps in the stands, but I have to say I liked it better 3 years ago when they came through the crowd to get to the field
- Good work by SNY to get players' reactions to Nolan Ryan coming out
- Well done. Knowing the Mets this year, I had my doubts
Leave a comment or drop me a line at DyHrdMET [at] gmail [dot] com.
Become a fan of RememberingShea on Facebook.
Become a Networked Blog