Thursday, August 27, 2009

Amazin' Tuesdays

A couple nights ago, I attended Amazin' Tuesday, an event run by Greg Prince of Faith and Fear In Flushing. A small gathering of Mets fans came to hear the debut of Dana Brand's new book The Last Days of Shea and some readings from MetsGrrl Caryn Rose (who brough along the one who her readers know as "TBF", her anonymous boyfriend) and FAFIF's Jason Fry. I also got to put faces and voices to and renew acquaintances with some of my fellow bloggers (the afore mentioned ones, plus Coop, and sorry, but a few people who's names I don't remember and/or never introduced themselves).

I can say that I bought the very first copy of The Last Days of Shea (and got it autographed) to join Dana's Mets Fan and Greg's Faith and Fear in Flushing: An Intense Personal History of the New York Mets (which I brought and had autographed) on my bookshelf.

A few notes on Dana's new book:

  • The new book sounds (and I mean sounds) great (I’ve said many times how much I love the cover art), but hearing Dana read it in person with the passion was Amazin’.

  • I asked Dana after I bought the book whether there were pictures in it - the answer is no, which is OK - but hearing him read, I could see the picture of it in my mind (one of the readings was the final game which I was at).



While we're there, we witness Gary Sheffield leave with a back strain and see the news that J.J. Putz is done for the year.