Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Training live blogging

If you follow the RSS feed or have visited the site itself in the last day, you've seen a couple of posts that came from my cell phone. as primitive as the phone itself may be, it will allow me to post a few items while at the ballparks over the next 3 days. i've always wanted to try to do this. i'll try to put in a recap from the games when i get back to the hotel each night, but it may give you a sense of what goes on from a fan's perspective trying to get autographs, pictures, and baseballs at a spring game. the mini-posts will also help me remember what i did during the day - something i've had trouble with the past few years.

I will also post (some? all?) pictures from each game each night.
  • someone playing in Jupiter - Friday 1pm, gates open at 11am

  • Mets in Port St. Luice - Friday 7pm, gates open 5pm, I hope to be there at 3:30pm

  • Mets in Port St. Lucie - Saturday 1pm, gates open 11am, I hope to be there at 9:30am

  • Mets in Ft. Lauderdale - Sunday 1pm, gates open 11am


  • all that said, i experienced one of my favorite non-private moments in life today. it's that moment when i've been "on the road" for several hours en route from my apartment in NJ to my rental car in Ft. Lauderdale where I get handed the keys to the car, and the vacation is now in my hands. i think it feels even better when it's a vacation that gets repeated every year (either through Orlando or Ft. Lauderdale).

    enjoy Keith and Ron without adult supervision tomorrow night on SNY. i'll look forward to the archive on MLB.TV later in the weekend.