Saturday, March 16, 2013

Spring Training 2013 - Day 11

Day 11 - March 16, 2013 - Mets-Marlins @ Port St. Lucie

Not much to say today. I went to the back fields. The players scattered inside the stadium once they saw us coming. Actually, they were done with their outdoor stretch and went to other fields to do other things. Outfielders came back to Field 2 (where the fans are) a bit later, pitchers went to other fields to do other drills. There really wasn't a whole lot to see in the morning. In the park, I went to a new (to me) area at the end of the bullpen where, possibly, I could catch players coming off the back fields and going into their clubhouse. That did work out today. There was a picnic just beyond the LF wall for a group of fans, and a few players were brought over. I was able to snag a couple of them when they came back from that group. Namely, Dillon Gee and Matt den Dekker. Sometimes, that's enough for me.

For the game, it was one of those tight games that we came out behind in. 4-2 was the final. No really crooked numbers on the scoreboard (a 2 and a bunch of 1s). No really bad pitching. I didn't notice much else because I spent a lot of the game walking around taking pictures (those things I keep promising posting and never do).


Leave a comment or drop me a line at DyHrdMET [at] gmail [dot] com. Your comments will fall into a moderation queue.
"Like" RememberingShea on Facebook (the function formerly known as "Becoming a Fan").
Become a Networked Blog