Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Training Trip 2010 - Day 1

This starts an 11 day series on my Spring Training trip for 2010...

Game 1 - Mets vs Marlins @ Jupiter
Mets win. Bay and Francoeur each hit 2 run HRs. Mets didn't get a baserunner until the 5th. Oliver Perez started, didn't pitch horribly, but didn't pitch great. He got somewhat rattled in 2 different innings with balls that got past David Wright at 3B leading to Florida runs. But he didn't completely unravel.

From a fan experience with the Mets, something that I'm keeping an eye on, there were tons of Mets autographs if you were in the right place outside their dugout. First, let me mention that because this was a doubleheader day in Jupiter (Cardinals, the other tennant, played at home earlier in the day), there was no BP on the main field. The Mets didn't make an appearance of any kind until the stretching/throwing period right before first pitch, so I didn't get to see anything there at all. Pridie, Wright, Francoeur, Carter, Evans, Bay, Ike Davis all signed in that one area. Some longer than others moving up and down the line. I was a bit too far outside that good spot for most of it. Lots of kids there, and a lot of pushing. All I got was Ike Davis. I had also gotten Dan Warthen at the other end of the dugout when he first came out. I was pleased with how much the Mets were signing before this game where they were the visiting team. I just wasn't in the right place for most of it. I really should have known better since I went down to that spot at 5:30 when the gates opened.

I'm tired. Long day of about 12 hours from my apartment, to the airport, in the air, through the car rental, early to Roger Dean Stadium for BP, then the game, and an hour long drive up to Vero Beach. Doubleheader day for Friday. Maybe a few pictures after I get back from Saturday's game if I don't find my way to Dodgertown. If you're going to the game tomorrow, I'll be wearing my black Santana jersey with the faux Shea Final Season patch on it, and probably my GKR hat.


Leave a comment or drop me a line at DyHrdMET [at] gmail [dot] com.
Become a fan of RememberingShea on Facebook.
Become a Networked Blog