Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Training 2012 - Day 6

Day 6 - March 27, 2012 - Mets-Braves @ Port St. Lucie

I'm starting to think this is going to be more of the same for the Mets in 2012. Chris Schwinden pitched for the big club and didn't look too good, though the Mets were able to fight out for a couple of runs, including another Duda HR. R.A. Dickey pitched 8 innings and threw over 100 pitches in a minor league game (consisting entirely of Mets minor leaguers) against Jeurys Familia on the back fields. I did catch part of that game where I could see the knuckle ball dance.

As my day 3 photo album suggests, I love the blue and orange colors that surround the Mets. Digital Domain Park holds the blue very well (and always has for the Mets' 25 seasons here). I also got a bit artsy with some of the photos now that I can go out to the berm in RF, and also now that I have a camera with a panorama setting. And aside from the blue as being a dominant theme this spring (and hopefully into the season), Gary Carter shirts/jerseys are another theme. Some of the locals here are even wearing pins from Carter's championship season with St. Lucie (which I believe was 2006).

As for autographs, it is no longer a sport to get them. It's more like a game of survival. I'm happy with Tuesday's haul of SNY's team of Bobby Ojeda on the back fields, Gary Cohen and Ron Darling after the game, but it can be next to impossible to get an autograph from a Mets player sometimes. I always seem to do better on my first day in town and then the well dries up. That said, I have space in my program reserved for the elusive Keith Hernandez, who must have snuck out of the ballpark very quickly after Tuesday's game, and the vacationing Kevin Burkhardt to round out an SNY broadcasters autograph page.


Leave a comment or drop me a line at DyHrdMET [at] gmail [dot] com. Your comments will fall into a moderation queue.
"Like" RememberingShea on Facebook (the function formerly known as "Becoming a Fan").
Become a Networked Blog